Calling all cool cats: Bowl & Barrel, Dallas’s first upscale indie bowling alley, opens this week.
Here, the top ten reasons it makes us purr.
1. The decor — exposed brick walls, reclaimed wood furniture, earth-tone textiles — feels hip, but not like your former high school hangout.
2. Curl up on black leather Chesterfield sofa banquettes at each lane (plastic bucket seats belong in Chevys).
3. Chef Sharon Hage (York Street perk your ears?) crafted the full-service restaurant’s menu.
4. The fancy feast — think house-baked pretzels and artisan charcuterie boards — is made with organic and local ingredients.
5. Rudolph’s Bologna Melt gets our motor running with its caramelized onions and Gruyere on Empire sourdough.
6. The 150-person private event space works for birthday parties, holiday shindigs, and office fetes.
7. Order boutique beers and craft cocktails via bar or lane.
8. Real glassware stands in for crappy red cups. (Like we said, this is no litter box.)
9. East Coast oysters are served on the half shell.
10. The tunes are frisky, from rock to Rihanna, blues to jazz.
We’re feline the beat.
Bowl & Barrel, The Shops at Park Lane, 8084 Park Lane, suite b145 (214-363-2695 or bowlandbarrel.com).
Photo: ozgurcankaya / Getty Images