Fourth-quarter turnovers, last-second strips, and one terrifying ankle turn: Even in victory, that AFC Championship matchup left your nerves — and your beer supply — in tatters.
No doubt about it, Sunday’s game will require strong salves. Ever the team players, Bully Boy Distillers’s Will and Dave Willis have drawn up three Super Bowl cocktails to defend against 60 minutes of pigskin jitters.
May the Eli haranguing flow as freely.
2 oz. Bully Boy vodka
3 oz. Narragansett Lager beer
4 oz. tomato juice
Salt to taste
1 dill pickle spear
1. Mix liquid ingredients and a dash of salt in a highball glass with ice.
2. Garnish with pickle.
The Halftime Hooch
2 oz. Bully Boy white whiskey
½ oz. fresh lemon juice
½ tsp. sugar
1. Stir all ingredients, except ginger ale, in a mixing glass with cracked ice.
2. Strain into a highball glass over ice.
3. Top with ginger ale and stir again.
4. Finish with 3 splashes of Angostura bitters.
The Hail Mary (because we all know it’s coming down to the wire)
1½ oz. Bully Boy white rum
1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
½ tsp. simple syrup
Champagne or sparkling wine
1. Combine rum, lime juice, and simple syrup in a shaker with ice.
2. Strain into a chilled white wine glass.
3. Top off with celebratory (we hope) champagne.
Photo: Courtesy of Bully Boy