We’re grateful for Clio’s new pastry chef, Monica Glass, who shares a pumpkin recipe. Eat this alone or use it to make bread pudding.
Makes one loaf
1½ c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 stick plus 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
1 c. granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1¼ c. pumpkin puree (from red kuri or butternut squash)
½ c. chocolate chips (optional)
1. Prepare baking sheet with nonstick baking mat or parchment paper and nonstick spray.
2. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in medium bowl. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg and egg yolk, one at a time, and mix until incorporated. Scrape after each addition. Add vanilla and pumpkin puree; mix until completely incorporated.
4. Add the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Spread batter evenly onto prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350° until bread is golden and springs back, 10-15 minutes. Cool completely at room temperature, then chill in the refrigerator until firm, at least 2 hours.
Clio, 370 Commonwealth Avenue (617-536-7200 or cliorestaurant.com).
Photo: Bruce James and Jennifer James / Getty Images