Fashion Emergency Plan
When facing an overstuffed schedule and a closet full of last-season also-rans, follow these steps to avert further sartorial danger.
1. Don’t break any glass — a Lohan-level tantrum never helps anyone.
2. Call Aishah AbdulBarr from Heiress to request a speedy in-house consult.
3. In measured tones, explain your most pressing apparel needs (splashes of color, flashier Friday-night outfits) and general fashion preferences (vintage, preppy, street).
4. Wait for the former boutique owner to arrive — same day even — with armfuls of pieces from midlevel designers like Flying Tomato, Naven, and RYU.
6. Pay for your choices on the spot (items usually range from $30 to $200) while reaping the benefits of her complimentary styling services.
7. Crisis averted. You’re safe to leave the scene.
Heiress Boston (857-264-0403 or heiressboston.com).
Photo: Kirstin Sinclair / Getty Images