It’s not fair that summer Fridays come only once a week. So we scoured the city for ten things to brighten your days, all less than ten bucks.
2. Everyone may look better with a tan, but fried hair is not hot. Quench sizzled summer tresses with the $10 Moroccan oil deep-conditioning treatment at Mizu (776 Boylston Street; 617-585-6498).
3. Malibu Barbie had a full-on mullet after you gave her fringe a snip. Let the experts take care of your split ends with a bang trim at The Loft Salon + Day Spa (207 Newbury Street; 617-536-5638). No appointment necessary, and it’s only $5 for nonclients.
4. A tart frozen yogurt from just-opened Boyo (175 Cambridge Street; 617-227-2696) may be the perfect cool-down snack. Get the tangy treat with three toppings for $5.75.
5. Take a stroll through the Copley Square Farmers Market (the season kicks off today) and pick up a bundle of locally grown asparagus or bite into a fresh-baked cookie. The sights and smells of summer are priceless.
6. Soon you’ll be sweating it out at bug-infested barbecues. For now, you can indulge in two veal and ricotta meatball sliders for $10 at Clink (215 Charles Street; 617-224-4004).
7. Your body may not be prepped for a thong, but there’s no reason your feet can’t be ready for a pair of ’em. The $7 callus treatment from MiniLuxe (296 Newbury Street; 857-362-7444) will leave your feet as smooth as, well, you know.
8. As you count the minutes until your sun-filled weekend, brighten your digits with an $8 rose ring by Adia Kibur (Mint Julep, 1302 Beacon Street, Brookline; 617-232-3600)
9. Help your travel plans run smoothly with a Plane to See bag (Passport, 43 Brattle Street, Cambridge; 617-576-0900). The clear, waterproof, TSA-approved pouch will hold all your three-ounce bottles and is perfect for trips by air to land and sea.
10. You’re all about the environment (the sun, the sand, the ocean). Do your part with a $9.95 earth-friendly Envirosax tote (Paper Source, 338 Boylston Street; 617-536-3444). The polyester carriers hold more than 40 pounds and fold up smaller than a pair of sunglasses.
See? This summer’s in the bag.