The last time you cooked for Mom it was with a lightbulb in an Easy-Bake oven. This Mother’s Day, show her how far you’ve come in the kitchen with Harvest executive chef Mary Dumont’s personal brunch favorite.
Crustless Tasso Ham, Asparagus, and Leek Quiche
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 leek, chopped
10 oz. fresh asparagus spears, steamed and cut into thirds
5 eggs, beaten
3 c. shredded gouda or sharp cheddar cheese
¼ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
12 slices tasso ham, sliced thin
1. Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in leek and cook until soft.
3. Add asparagus and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.
4. In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt, and pepper.
5. Add asparagus mixture to the bowl and stir to combine.
6. Line each muffin cup with ham and pour asparagus/egg mixture into each cup.
7. Bake until eggs have set, about 30 minutes.
8. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve with a garden salad.
Mom would appreciate it more if you didn’t cook? Head over to Harvest, 44 Brattle Street, Cambridge (617-868-2255 or harvestcambridge.com).