Christmas hangover still going? A cocoa pie from Pie Bakery and Cafe should fix you right up.
Chocolate Fudge Pie
7 tbsp. butter
7 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 tbsp. flour
¼ tsp. salt
1/3 c. honey
1/3 c. heavy cream
2 tsp. vanilla extract
9½ oz. white chocolate chunks
1 store-bought graham cracker crust
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Melt butter and bittersweet chocolate over low heat and set aside.
3. Combine flour and salt in large bowl and gradually whisk in honey.
4. Add eggs, heavy cream, and vanilla extract, stir. Then, add chocolate/butter mixture. Fold in 8 oz. white chocolate chunks.
5. Pour into graham cracker crust, place pie on a cookie sheet, and bake for 32-40 minutes.
6. Melt remaining white chocolate in microwave.
7. Let pie cool completely and drizzle with white chocolate.
Let them eat pie.
Feeling too lazy? Let them do it for you at Pie Bakery and Cafe, 796 Beacon Street, Newton Center, (617-332-8743 or piebakeryandcafe.com).
Photo: Courtesy of Pie Bakery and Cafe