Halloween or not, there’s no disguising your love of a good drink. On Saturday, Aidan Demarest of cocktail consultancy Tello Demarest Liquid Assets and some very special guests (London’s Simon Ford, San Francisco’s Erick Castro, Seattle’s Zane Harris, Chicago’s Jennifer Contraveos, and local talents Naomi Schimek, Damian Windsor, and Grady Purtle) are bringing mixology and mischief to Les Deux for the Night of Rising Spirits. Here’s a taste of what you’re in for.
The Great White Pumpkin
1½ oz. dark rum
½ oz. pumpkin puree
½ oz. Cointreau
¼ oz. lime juice
2 oz. heavy cream
½ oz. simple syrup
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine rum, pumpkin, Cointreau, and lime. Shake well and strain into a martini glass.
2. Shake heavy cream and simple syrup separately until thickened and layer on top.
3. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
1½ oz. Laird’s AppleJack
1 oz. fresh apple juice
½ oz. maple syrup
¼ oz. lemon juice
Rock candy swizzle
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients and shake well.
2. Strain into rocks glass filled with crushed ice.
3. Garnish with a rock candy swizzle.
Now watch as they magically disappear.
Night of Rising Spirits, Saturday, 8 p.m.-2 a.m., at Les Deux, 1638 North Las Palmas Avenue, between Hollywood Boulevard and Selma Avenue, Hollywood, $10 at the door. Costume required. R.S.V.P. also required (nightofspirits2010.com).
Photo: foxrosser / Flickr
|Up to 50% off M.Andonìa|
Designer Maria Argyropoulos puts art within reach with her line of inventive yet functional bags, totes, and iPad sleeves in vintage fabrics and racy animal prints. All are up to 50% off today on Swirl.