How to smack a case of the Mondays into submission.
1. After work, get thee to Nellcôte, Jared Van Camp’s (Old Town Social) new West Loop hotspot.
2. Breathe in the lavender-covered wall as you enter.
3. Stop. Blink. It’s luxury at its finest. (The design is based on a French villa where The Rolling Stones recorded “Exile on Main St.”) Think crystal chandeliers, Parisian herringbone floors, poppy orange accents, and room to groove.
4. That rumor about Nellcôte being the only restaurant in the country milling its own flour? It’s true. Tonight it’s spun into tagliolini with champagne, oysters, and creme fraiche or tucked into a bubbly crust topped with mortadella and pistachios.
5. Try to choose between halibut brandade with soft scrambled eggs, shaved pumpkin salad, and glazed skate wing.
6. Look at your check. It’s affordable.
Bet you’ll be back on Ruby Tuesday.
Nellcôte, 833 West Randolph Street, at Green Street (312-432-0500 or nellcoterestaurant.com).
Photo: Courtesy of Potluck Creative