What makes Leana Zuñiga, the indie designer behind the charming Electric Feathers clothing label, a rare bird?
1. She hand-dyes her fabrics, and not just any fabrics: luxe silk noil, silk matka, and silk habotai.
2. Her collection is seasonless: impeccable construction with no trends in sight. A muted color palette (black, mushroom, taupe, cream) brings yearlong stability (sorry, neon).
3. Almost everything is reversible or convertible. Style belts as scarves; wear dresses front- or backward; adjust necklines and lengths.
4. The girl implores you to wear a dress, be it of the circle shoulder, drawstring, belted caftan, apron, short cape, or U-back mini variety.
5. She made this your lucky day, as her little numbers are sold exclusively at Roslyn.
Available at Roslyn, 2035 North Damen Avenue, between McLean and Dickens Avenues (773-489-1311 or roslynboutique.com), $398-$525.
Photo: Matt Wilson / Courtesy of Electric Feathers