Reasons to Get Your Ass off the Couch and Go to Flourish Bakery 2.0
1. New owners Allison and Ed Madell repainted, rehired, and retooled the entire menu.
2. One of those hires includes Ehsan Ganji, a master bread baker who honed his chops at New York’s Balthazar, Bouley, and Sullivan Street Bakery.
3. Ganji uses natural starters (read: less sour) for his spectacular breads program, which includes semolina (he gets his flour straight from the farmer), cranberry pecan, fennel-flecked multigrain, and intricately decorated sourdough.
4. Weekly bread delivery is available. If you live outside of the delivery radius, get a group of friends together, and they’ll deliver to your hood. Throw in a tray of par-baked cinnamon rolls, and you’ve got yourself the perfect Sunday brunch.
5. Cranberry rosemary cookies, courtesy of Korine Adams (formerly of Bleeding Heart Bakery).
6. Leftovers go to Edgewater charity Care for Real.
Fearing the carb was so 2010.