Late last week we attended the opening party for Demi Monde, a new underground drinking den from David Blatt (Interstate Food & Liquor) and David Kaplan and Alex Day (both of Death & Co.).
Now that we’ve had time to recover physically and mentally, here are five reasons why we’re already planning a repeat performance.
1. Shucking good Negroni oyster shooters with orange confit.
2. A mini mirrored nook in the bathroom that enables you to check out all sides at once.
3. The Wolf Tone: Pisco, grappa, elderflower, eucalyptus, and bitters. Howl.
4. Based on former Vandaag chef Phillip Kirschen-Clark’s small plates (bacon buns with beer mustard seeds and sprout kraut, avocado frito, crispy potatoes with Scotch ketchup), the chef’s table tasting menu (launching after Memorial Day) is gold.
5. Speaking of gold (and silver), we ate from the same bowl of smoky almonds as Tara Lipinski and Sasha Cohen. It was a great moment.
Demi Monde, 90 Broad Street, at Stone Street (212-248-7220 or demimondeny.com).
Photo: Courtesy of Demi Monde