It’s winter break. Keep idle hands busy with a Van Gogh-inspired project by Casey Wiegand of A Little Artsy.
1. Cut four sizes of circles from black construction paper and four circles and a vase from brown construction paper.
2. Cut four circles (larger than the brown and black ones) from aluminum foil.
3. Glue the vase and foil circles on paper, placing the circles where the flowers will be.
4. Glue the brown circle on top of the foil, followed by the black one.
5. Draw petals of different sizes using yellow, brown, and orange paint.
6. Add stems and leaves and use a Q-Tip to paint white dots on the centers of the sunflowers.
7. Fill in the background and add a border using vivid colors.
8. When dry, outline the flowers and border with marker.
And the masterpiece is complete.
A Little Artsy, 6719 Snider Plaza (214-750-5522 or alittleartsy.com).
Celebration le Cirque
What: A dazzling performance by acrobats, aerialists, and talented circus performers.
Why: You’ll flip for it.
When: Mon. & Tues., 7:30 p.m.; Wed., 5:30 & 9:30 p.m.
Where: Dallas Children’s Theater, 5938 Skillman St. (214-740-0051).
Natural Science Classes
What: A thirteen-week hands-on program that teaches kids (ages 3-5) about nature and animals.
Why: It’s the call of the wild.
When: Register by Jan. 5.
Where: Heard Museum, 1 Nature Pl., McKinney (972-562-5566).