We love to dish — especially when chocolate is involved. So we asked chef Doug Brown of new resto/lounge Dish (opens today) to spill the beans on his warm and toasty brownies.
Smoked Pecan Brownies
2-3 wood chips
2 oz. chopped pecans
4 oz. unsalted butter
4 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
2 large eggs
2 oz. pastry flour
1 oz. cocoa powder
6.5 oz. granulated sugar
1. Put wood chips on stove or grill until smoking.
2. Place pecans in a bowl, then place it in a much larger bowl. Drop the wood chips into the larger bowl, surrounding the pecan bowl. Cover immediately with foil and let smoke for five minutes.
3. Melt butter and chocolate chips over a double boiler. Slowly whisk in eggs.
4. Sift together remaining ingredients and pecans. Gently incorporate into the chocolate.
5. Pour final mixture into a cast-iron skillet (or regular ol’ pan), filling about two inches deep.
6. Bake at 325° for approximately 40 minutes.
7. Serve warm, topped with your favorite ice cream.
So there’s the scoop.
Can’t take the heat? Go to Dish, 4123 Cedar Springs Road, suite 110 (214-522-3474 or dish-dallas.com).
Photo: Courtesy of Dish