The Fat Witch is back and tastier than ever. Celebrate the end of summer with this recipe from her new cookbook. Best part: no need to turn on the oven.
No-Bake S’More Fun Brownies
Makes twelve to sixteen
2¼ c. crushed graham crackers (10-11 crackers)
1½ c. miniature marshmallows
¾ c. milk chocolate chips
1 stick unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing a pan or skillet
¾ c. granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Grease a 9-inch-by-9-inch baking pan or skillet with butter. Dust with flour and tap out the excess.
2. Mix the graham cracker crumbs, ¾ cup of the marshmallows, and ½ cup of the chocolate chips together in a bowl and set aside.
3. Over low heat, in a saucepan or skillet, melt the butter with the sugar, egg, and vanilla, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
4. Add the cooled sugar mixture to the bowl and stir well, allowing the marshmallows and chips to melt. Fold in the remaining marshmallows and chips.
5. Press the mixture into the pan and cool for 30 minutes.
6. Cut and don’t be too smug about your magic.
Find more delicious desserts in Fat Witch Brownies, available online at barnesandnoble.com, $15.
What: Hit the David Rockwell-designed play space at the South Street Seaport for hours of kid-directed fun.
Why: From water to sand play areas, this playground is like none other.
When: Daily, 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
Where: Burling Slip, John St., b/t Front & South Sts. (866-986-5551). Admission is free.
Imagine Swimming Classes
What: Prolong summer with 40-minute group ($40), semiprivate ($60), and private ($80) lessons for babies and toddlers.
Why: Try the new Tribeca pool for friendly instruction that will keep kids in the swim all year.
When: Starts Sept. 7.
Where: Multiple locations in Manhattan and Brooklyn (212-253-9650).
What: Kids ages 5-12 years become global adventurers in guided Met tours.
Why: A world of art in an afternoon.
When: Sat. & Sun., 11 a.m.-noon & 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Where: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1000 Fifth Ave., at 82nd St. (212-535-7710). Free with admission.
Photo: Courtesy of FatWitch
|Up to 55% off Orla Kiely |
Missed out on Orla Kiely’s laminated totes, bucket bags, and shoppers last time? We’re bringing back the retro graphic prints with bright colors and cheery motifs for up to 55% off on Swirl.