By now you’ve heard that celeb chef Wolfgang Puck is opening Cut at 45 Park Lane within the new Dorchester Collection hotel. And you have probably assumed that, like the original in Beverly Hills, the new steak house will serve the finest cuts of beef (filet, sirloin, rib-eye, rib chop, porterhouse) complemented by sauces like shallot red wine Bordelaise and Argentine chimichurri.
But here are a few things you don’t know.
1. The chef’s favourite dish on the menu is sauteed Dover sole meuniere served with preserved lemon and parsley.
2. It’s the first time this many (sixteen) of Damien Hirst’s prints from a certain series have appeared in the same location.
3. Unlike at other branches, Cut in London will be open for breakfast (salt beef hash cakes, poached eggs with bearnaise sauce and buttermilk pancakes with whipped bourbon-maple butter) and lunch (Dorset crab and lobster Louis cocktail with spicy tomato horseradish, smaller cuts of signature steaks).
4. Thomas Tait (one of DailyCandy’s designers to watch at London Fashion Week last year) designed the waitress uniforms.
5. Bar 45 upstairs (open till 2 a.m.) serves not only drinks but also Kobe sliders.
6. Supersize American portions have been cut down to suit European tastes. Bigger is not always better.
Cut at 45 Park Lane, 45 Park Lane, W1K 1PN (020 7493 4554 or 45parklane.com).
Photo: Courtesy of 45 Park Lane