You’ve got your costume (top half of the Ambiguously Gay Duo), your candy bowl, your cotton spiderweb. But don’t think you’re getting away without carving a pumpkin.
So what if you’re not artistic? We got two Chicago artists to help: Illustrator Eve Weinberg and graphic designer Nicki Brandt have whipped up some easy-to-carve pumpkin designs just for you.
1 X-Acto knife
Tape (masking works best)
1. Cut off pumpkin top and remove guts and seeds. (Save for baking!)
2. Print out template 1, 2, 3, or 4, cut along perimeter, and tape to pumpkin on all sides.
3. Use X-Acto knife to lightly score pattern into pumpkin.
4. Remove template. Use score marks as a guide for carving and remove extra pieces.
5. If using template 2, attach real buttons into place with Krazy Glue.
6. Place candle inside of pumpkin.
7. Light and watch that bad boy glow.
To see more of Weinberg’s designs, go to evejweinberg.com.