Nice work. You cooked that fifteen-pound bird to perfection. Now what are you going to do with the mountain of leftovers? How about eggs Benedict with a turkey flair, courtesy 1789 chef Nathan Beauchamp.
Black Friday Turkey and Poached Eggs
2 tbsp. white vinegar
6 oz. of stuffing or dressing
5 tbsp. butter
4 oz. turkey
1 lb. spinach
2 large eggs
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Bring pot of water to a simmer and add white vinegar.
3. Shape the stuffing into two patties and saute with 2 tablespoons of butter.
4. Put turkey on top of patties and place in oven (so they stay hot).
5. Saute spinach with remaining butter.
6. Poach eggs for three minutes.
7. To assemble, put stuffing/turkey on plate; top with spinach and eggs; season with salt and pepper.
Sample Beauchamp’s other creations at 1789 Restaurant, 1226 36th Street NW (202-965-1789 or 1789restaurant.com).
Photo: Janelle Jones / DailyCandy