You gleeped as many leftovers as your new holiday handbag could hold. (That’ll teach ’em to seat you at the kiddie table again.) Now here’s what to do with your take.
4 slices honey wheat sandwich bread
½ c. leftover dressing/stuffing
2 tbsp. cranberry sauce
2 slices Havarti cheese
8 oz. leftover turkey or ham
1. Remove crusts from bread slices. (Optional.)
2. Spread two slices of bread with ¼ c. dressing/stuffing each.
3. Top stuffing slices with 4 oz. meat and one cheese slice.
4. Top stack with remaining bread slices.
5. Coat upper side of eight-by-eight-inch aluminum foil sheets with light layer of cooking spray, butter, or olive oil.
6. Wrap each sandwich in foil.
7. Bake at 375º for ten minutes. (Or press in a George Foreman grill or panini maker for seven minutes.)
8. Remove from oven. Cut into quarters.
9. Using a butter knife, insert dollops of cranberry sauce between bread and stuffing layers.
10. Serve with mimosas, poinsettias, or that extra bottle of rosé your New Year’s entourage is never going to miss.
Photo: Janelle Jones / DailyCandy