Summer is all about rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty. Treat guests at your next soiree to Gerard Nebesky’s (of Gerard’s Paella fame) grilled peel-and-eat shrimp — complete with a dose of Spanish flavor, of course.
Gambas a la Plancha
Serves three to five
2 pounds whole shrimp (heads on)
1 head of garlic, roughly chopped
Kosher salt, to taste
Handful of chopped parsley
1. Rinse shrimp and pat dry.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan over high heat.
3. Lightly salt and place the shrimp in the pan.
4. Add the chopped garlic and saute until the shells are slightly toasted. The olive oil should get a red tinge from the juice from shrimp heads.
5. Serve shrimp in the pan and garnish with bread and chopped parsley. Peel and eat.
It can get messy, so bowls of lemon water and napkins are a must.
For more about Gerard Nebesky, go to gerardspaella.com.
Want to bang more pots and pans? Try one of our other recipes.