He can’t stay up ’til midnight, isn’t allowed to play with poppers, and won’t get any bubbly (not the good kind). Don’t let your mini reveler miss all the fun. Whip up a kid-friendly concoction created by mixologist Natalie Bovis-Nelsen (a.k.a. The Liquid Muse).
DailyCandy Kiddie Cocktail
1½ oz. pineapple juice
3 oz. guava juice
½ oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
1 oz. club soda
½ oz. grenadine
Pop Rocks (or colored sugar)
1. Hold a champagne flute upside down.
2. Rub the rim with a piece of lime to moisten, then dip it in a small plate filled with Pop Rocks so that they stick to the rim of the glass. Set aside.
3. Pour juices into a cocktail shaker, fill with ice, shake.
4. Gently strain into the candy-rimmed glass. Top with club soda.
5. Slowly pour in grenadine so that it settles toward the bottom of the glass, creating a slightly layered effect.
Looking for more nonalcoholic cocktail options? Natalie Bovis-Nelsen’s recipe book, Preggatinis: Mixology for the Mom-to-Be, is available online at amazon.com.
Photo: _FXR / Flickr