Leftovers? Not after they try this.
Turkey Brochettes with Red Pepper Salsa
Serves four or five
1 tbsp. lime juice
1 tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp. smoked paprika
½ tsp. celery salt
½ tsp. corn flour
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Dash of Tabasco (optional)
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
500 g turkey breast
3 red onions
1 yellow pepper
1 orange pepper
250 g jar roasted red peppers in olive oil
4 spring onions
Handful of coriander leaves
1 lime (juiced)
½ tsp. honey
Sea salt and black pepper
1. Whisk together 1 tbsp. lime juice and olive oil, smoked paprika, celery salt, corn flour, cayenne pepper, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce to make a marinade.
2. Cut the turkey breast into bite-size cubes. Add to the marinade and toss well to coat. Cover with cling film and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
3. Soak 4-5 bamboo skewers in cold water for at least 20 minutes.
4. Peel and cut 2 red onions similar in size to the turkey cubes. Halve, core and deseed the peppers, then cut into small squares. Thread the peppers, onions and turkey cubes alternately onto the skewers. Place on a lightly oiled tray, cover with cling film and chill until ready to cook.
5. To make the salsa, drain the oil from the jar of roasted red peppers and chop finely. Place in a bowl with 1 red onion (peeled and finely chopped), spring onions (trimmed and finely chopped), coriander cleaves and lime juice and add honey to taste. Toss together and season with salt and pepper.
6. To cook turkey skewers, heat a griddle pan or the grill until hot. Brush the brochettes with a little olive oil and cook for 10-15 minutes, turning several times. The turkey should feel just firm when lightly pressed. Serve immediately with the red pepper salsa.
And now you can go back to sleep until the New Year.
Gordon Ramsay’s Healthy Appetite is available online at amazon.co.uk.
Photo: Katie Inglis / Flickr