The Jewels of New York know a thing or two about seduction. The cooks/stylists/photographers create jaw-dropping food porn on a daily basis. Here they tell us how to lure potential sweethearts — with a midnight snack! You’ll be impossible to resist. Just like this recipe.
Aphrodisiac Champagne Cocktail
2 oz. Pama pomegranate liqueur
6 oz. dry sparkling wine
1. Pour pomegranate liqueur into glass, then the sparkling wine.
2. Drop a few blackberries in and serve.
Chocolate-Covered Mixed Berries
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
1/3 c. candied violets, chopped
1/3 c. candied rose petals, chopped
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 lb. mixed berries, washed and dried
Edible gold-leaf powder (optional)
1. Combine cayenne pepper and cinnamon in a small bowl; place candied flowers in separate bowls and set aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat. Dip a berry into the melted chocolate, twirling to coat and letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl.
3. Place the berry on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with garnish of choice. Repeat with remaining berries.
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until chocolate sets.
5. Sprinkle with gold-leaf powder and serve.
Want more bite? Check out The Jewels of New York’s new brown bag lunch catering service for NYC folks. Add some jazz to your cubicle with a chicken and waffle sandwich.
Photo: Courtesy of The Jewels of New York