Quinn’s Buffalo Duck Wings with Cumin-Scented Blue Cheese Dip
2 tbsp. chives, finely chopped
1 tsp. Worcestershire
½ tbsp. sherry vinegar
¼ c. mayonnaise
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
½ tsp. horseradish
1 1/3 c. heavy cream
¾ c. Gorgonzola crumbles
3 tbsp. creme fraiche
1 pinch cayenne
½ pinch cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine dip ingredients in blender or food processor and blend thoroughly.
For duck wings
12 duck wings
6 qt. duck fat
8 oz. Frank’s RedHot sauce
1 tsp. smoked paprika
¼ c. butter
2 tbsp. honey
1. Place raw duck wings and fat in a pot large enough to cover wings with ½ inch of the melted duck fat. Bring the wings and fat to 200°.
2. Simmer for 45 minutes or until tender and almost falling off the bone.
3. Remove wings from the duck fat (save for other uses) and let cool on a sheet tray.
4. When the wings are cool enough to handle, toss them in the Frank’s RedHot, a pinch of salt, and smoked paprika. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
5. In a separate pan, melt the butter and whisk in the honey until combined and set aside.
6. Put wings on a hot grill until the skin crisps up. Before removing from the grill, brush with the butter and honey mixture.
7. Serve with cumin-scented blue cheese dip and enjoy.
Quinn’s Pub, 1001 East Pike Street, at Tenth Avenue (206-325-7711 or quinnspubseattle.com).
Photo: Courtesy of Quinn’s Pub