Explore Undiscovered Food, Fashion & Fun.
Toss that carton. You’ve never tried eggnog until you’ve sipped this frothy brew courtesy of Sun Liquor bartender Erik Chapman. It’s this close to drinking marshmallows.
Holiday Eggnog Serves two
Ingredients 2 large eggs 3½ oz. granulated sugar 4 oz. heavy cream 2 oz. bourbon (Erik suggests Bulleit) 2 oz. aged rum (try Cruzan Single Barrel) 5 oz. whole milk Fresh ground nutmeg
1. Separate egg whites and yolks into separate bowls.
2. Beat whites until soft peaks appear, then slowly add 3 oz. sugar using a stand mixer or egg beater.
3. In the other bowl, whip heavy cream with yolks until thick.
4. Add bourbon and rum to cream and yolks.
5. Combine the two mixtures.
6. Mix remaining ingredients and beat until soft peaks appear.
7. Serve chilled with a sprinkle with nutmeg.
8. Enjoy immediately (or store at 40° for up to four weeks).
Oh, there’s a little egg on your face. Right there.