Dallas’s Cedars Social is outfitted with vintage furnishings and midcentury architecture and is an authority on all things boozy. Give your Derby party a couple of dashes of good, strong bourbon with a sweetly floral crowd-pleaser.
Makes one cocktail
4 oz. water
4 oz. honey
6 sprigs of marigold
1½ oz. Knob Creek Single Barrel bourbon
1. Mix water and honey until blended.
2. Place 5 sprigs at the bottom of a julep cup.
3. Add honey mixture and blackberry. Muddle.
4. Add ¾ oz. bourbon, top with ice, and mix.
5. Add remaining bourbon; top with more ice.
6. Garnish with a sprig and serve.
The Cedars Social, 1326 South Lamar Street, Dallas (214-928-7700 or thecedarssocial.com).
Photo: Courtesy of Cedars Social
|For more Kentucky Derby recipes, how-tos, and tips, check out Party Time.|