You’ve sent yourself flowers at work; rented a sports car for your high school reunion and are partial to a little name dropping at times. Need an easier way to get approval?
Online bakery Homebaked has the perfect recipe for scoring brownie points.
Makes 16 brownies
375 g butter
400 g dark chocolate
1 tbsp. vanilla essence
500 g caster sugar
225 g flour
1 tsp. salt
250 g chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Butter and line a pan with greaseproof paper.
3. Melt butter and chocolate together in a saucepan and leave to cool.
4. Beat eggs and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
5. Add vanilla essence and salt.
6. Add melted butter and chocolate to egg and sugar mixture.
7. Add flour (and walnuts if desired).
8. Bake for 30 minutes. (Contents of pan should jiggle slightly or else brownies will be too dry.)
If cooking’s not your thing, have Homebaked deliver directly to your door.
Either way, they’ll work out a treat.
Available online at home-baked.com.