According to the Mayan calendar, the world will grind to a halt in 2012 (insert frowny face).
If the apocalypse is indeed nigh, we’ve rounded up eight mouth-watering meals worthy of being your last. (On the bright side, you can finally rationalize that second dessert.)
1. Revel in the filet over blue cheese-stuffed ravioli at Craig’s or get sticky sweet with the honey truffle chicken.
2. The sausage and egg pizza at Mercato di Vetro is a slice in the right direction. For a knock-your-socks-off entree, go with the branzino with curried cauliflower.
3. Whet your appetite with shrimp toast sammies before diving into the linguine with clams at Son of a Gun.
4. Ink’s spaghetti made from julienne squid with hazelnut paste gives taste buds a jolt before the Dungeness crab with toast whisks them back into familiar territory.
5. Grilled lamb tongue, chickpea and squash pancakes, buckwheat crepelles with roasted figs: The menu of Cooks County is pure foodie fantasy.
6. Go for the fig Gorgonzola tartlet, stay for the succulent rosemary lamb chops at Fig & Olive. Bubble heads will pop their corks over the champagne piscine cocktail.
7. The omakase-focused N/Naka churns out hit (poached foie gras) after hit (kani koramushi) after hit (Maine lobster claw), so pace yourself.
8. You can try your luck at Lukshon, but with grub this good (roti canai, chiang mai curry noodles) you won’t need it.
Photo: Lara Hata / Getty Images