The Harlem Shake is yesterday’s news. We’re on to a new dance craze: Gingham Style (yep, you read that right).
Here, the basic steps.
1. Do-si-do three doors past Clare Vivier into airy new boutique En Soie.
2. Keep your toes tapping while co-owners Eleonore Meier and Rafael Palacio Illingworth fill you in on the label: based in Switzerland, more than a century old, designed by Meier’s mother and two sisters, and — bien sûr — crafted entirely by hand.
3. Step ball change over to a selection of limited-edition silk scarves in colorful prints like starbursts and the company’s renowned gingham.
4. Waltz past silver trinkets and patterned toiletry bags to silk jumpsuits with a louche ’70s vibe. Moonwalk to the ceramics section for painted dinner sets rimmed in eighteen-karat gold.
5. Cool your heels as the cash register does the cha-cha (ching) with your bag of loot.
En Soie, 3333 West Sunset Boulevard, at Micheltorena Avenue, Silver Lake (323-662-0985 or ensoie.us).
Photo: Courtesy of En Soie