There, you’ll find a recipe for Wolfgang Puck’s chocolate peanut butter pops, the same treats he prepares for the postshow Governor’s Ball.
Serve them at your own Oscars bash as a creative dessert alternative to your usual life of pi(e).
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pops
24 lollipop sticks (or popsicle sticks)
8 oz. good-quality milk chocolate, evenly chopped
½ c. room-temperature, creamy peanut butter
1 c. puffed rice cereal
1. On a baking sheet covered with waxed paper, arrange sticks 2 inches apart.
2. Place chocolate into dry microwave-safe mixing bowl. Microwave 30 seconds at 50 percent power. Repeat until chocolate is mostly melted, about 3 minutes.
3. With dry rubber spatula or spoon, stir chocolate until smooth. Add peanut butter and cereal and gently fold together until thoroughly blended.
4. Spoon 1 tbsp. mixture over one end of each stick. Chill in refrigerator until set hard, at least 1 hour.
5. Wrap individually in plastic wrap or cellophane and store somewhere cool until serving.
Photo: Courtesy of Wolfgang Puck Catering