Five compelling reasons you should get into the debut collection from Of Two Minds.
1. The great local brains behind it are Desanka Fasiska, whose namesake label garnered a cult following, and Stephanie Tran, last seen at the reins of A Common Thread.
2. The line combines Topanga Canyon chill with French sophistication, as if to say, “I’ll come to the sidewalk cafe after I spend all day on the beach.”
3. Vintage-inspired patterns that look fresh, not dusty, thanks to modern patchwork panels — viz, appealing floral silk chiffon camisoles ($225), Liberty-print cropped blouses ($250).
4. Construction-oriented silhouettes like darted tunics ($274) and twisted-seam ankle pants ($274) are easy to wear in soft fabrics like whiskered chambray, acid wash, and sand-washed twill.
5. Stretch black lace. Yes. We’re fond of it in the cap-sleeve minidress ($380), sweetheart corset ($276), and poofy-shouldered jacket ($398), but the tough-chic sweatshirt ($242) says it all.
Coachella starts today, and you’re still not packed. Take a look inside our editor’s bag for some desert camping tips. Hint: Don’t forget the tent.
Photo: Courtesy of Of Two Minds