With Vanessa Bruno’s much-anticipated debut U.S. flagship now open on Melrose, the thought of shopping her signature collection, Athé diffusion line, and accessories is almost overwhelming — almost.
Who better to help navigate the light and airy, 2,700-square-foot boudoir space, filled with carefully curated vintage furniture and a giant Lou Doillon mural, than Bruno herself? Here are five things the Parisian designer thinks every Angeleno (well, you at least) needs this season.
1. Floral-print silk dress with silver Lurex detailing. “The quintessential ’70s vibe that I imagine being just right in Topanga Canyon.”
2. Cashmere tights. “I have always fancied the healthy West Coast lifestyle. I usually clock around three hours of Pilates every week to ensure I can look great in these superluxe tights.”
3. Tuscan leather bag. “Because a great bag is hard to find. Plus, I adore the mix of materials. I’m quite sure this will be the perfect solution to many women’s desires this winter.”
4. Lace-up leather boots. “Not only is the color combination one of my favorites, the intricate shoelace detailing really makes me want to wear them day and night. A special bonus: The heel is solid enough that I can even ride my bike in them.”
5. Olive Harris tweed coat. “The detachable collar reflects Parisian-chic in such a great, modern way and makes it versatile for L.A. This coat is a definite investment piece that will last for seasons to follow.”
Vanessa Bruno, 8448 Melrose Avenue, between North Croft and Alfred Streets, West Hollywood (323-655-5300 or vanessabruno.fr).
Photos: Courtesy of Vanessa Bruno