/

entertainment

The Weekend Guide

james franco poetry!

O Miami.

LISTEN
Poetry & Persona
What:
Renaissance man James Franco reads his poetry alongside mentor Tony Hoagland and Miami’s own Campbell McGrath.
Why: Evolve beyond Dr. Seuss.
When: Fri., 7:30 p.m.
Where: New World Center, SunTrust Pavilion, 500 17th St., Miami Beach (305-673-3331). Tickets ($30) online at nws.edu.

yoga clothes and accessories!Be the most fashionable yogi in class with stylish yoga gear.

STRETCH
Doga at Green Monkey
What:
Both two- and four-legged yogis are invited to this onetime yoga class ($10).
Why: A portion of sales goes to Dachshund Rescue of South Florida. Plus a raffle, portrait opportunities, and treats for furry participants.
When: Sat., 2-4 p.m.
Where: 3301 NE 1st Ave., Midtown (786-477-6169).

GIVE (and TAKE)
Clean.Shop.Give
What:
Local nonprofit Strong Women, Strong Girls hosts a pop-up consignment shop to raise money to support mentoring programs for young girls.
Why: Get 40 percent of the profit from your lightly worn, fashionable threads, which leaves 60 percent for the organization. Designer gems in the couture-closet section.
When: Sat., 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
Where: 112 Palm Ave., Miami Beach. Info at swsgevents@gmail.com.

EAT
Dining Out for Life
What:
Various local restaurants donate 25 percent of sales to Care Resource, an HIV/AIDS service organization.
Why: Eat at places like Kitchen 305 or Wish while supporting prevention education, testing, clinical trials, and comprehensive support services.
When: Thurs.
Where: For a list of participating locations, go to diningoutforlife.com/miami.

Photo: David Jones / Flickr

LOCATIONS
3301 NE 1st Ave
Miami, FL 33127
786-507-5338
Clean.Shop.Give
112 Palm Ave
Miami Beach, FL 33139
500 17th St
Miami Beach, FL 33139
305-673-3330
MAP IT