What a waste: You buy the kids a fancy new toy and they end up playing with the cardboard packaging.
That’s what got London-based designer Oscar Diaz thinking inside the box. His inspired new line, Tube Toys, takes the concept of packaging-as-plaything to the next level. Yes, the tube becomes the toy — fire truck, tractor, or train.
Oh, Tube Toys, how do we love thee? Let us count the ways.
1. You minimize trash, which is green of you.
2. You save us from frustrating attempts to pry open cryovaced, impenetrable plastic casings.
3. You put an end to our searching through drawers and closets for triple-A batteries.
4. Our kids build you, which is fun and challenging.
5. After they build you, our kids play with you, which requires using their (gasp!) imaginations.
Ensuring that nothing goes down the tubes.
Available at uncommongoods.com, $15.
Photo: Courtesy of NPW