For all Miami’s cheap talk (“Your lips look so natural!”), the city is pricey. But even in the land of $32 valet parking, there’s plenty to do for less than ten bucks.
1. Trek to Homestead for a $5 strawberry papaya milkshake from the Robert Is Here fruit stand (gas not included).
4. Root for a jai alai player. The Basque sport is like lacrosse on speed; general admission is only $1.
6. Take a bottle to Lincoln Road’s Maya Tapas & Grill (corkage fees are waived Monday through Wednesday) and pair it with a chorizo appetizer for $8.95.
8. Serve dinner or play with children as a volunteer with the Community Partnership for Homeless.
9. Pose in warrior one at Bayfront Park’s free outdoor yoga classes, Mondays and Wednesdays at 6 p.m. and Saturdays at 9 a.m.
10. Pick up a few mangoes ($1.50 each) at the Vagabond Market, open daily (7301 Biscayne Boulevard; 305-754-2866). Then go eat them on the giant, free beach.