DIY clothing? Please leave your patchwork pants at home. DIY food? Much more appetizing, especially when it’s from the private recipe book of Michelle Bernstein.
Sweet, Spicy, and Salty Grilled Chicken with Honey Mustard Miso-Glazed Brussels Sprouts
Ingredients for Chicken:
½ c. honey
¼ c. soy sauce
¼ c. lime juice
1-2 serrano chilies, sliced
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
2 tbsp. ginger, peeled and minced
½ c. olive oil
4 chicken breasts
4 chicken legs
1 c. water
1. Mix all marinade ingredients together, add chicken, and cover. Marinate for at least 1 hour outside of the fridge.
2. Heat the grill on medium heat. Remove the chicken from marinade and pour marinade into a saucepan with water.
3. While grilling the chicken on both sides (until cooked through), reduce the marinade until it coats the back of a spoon.
4. Drizzle sauce over chicken.
Ingredients for Brussels Sprouts:
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. canola oil
4 c. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
1 c. chicken stock or broth
¼ c. yellow miso paste
1. In a small bowl, combine mustard, honey, vinegar, and soy sauce. Set aside.
2. Heat a large saute pan on medium heat. Add oil and Brussels sprouts. Cook while stirring. Add chicken stock and reduce by half.
3. Pour in the mustard mixture.
4. Add a few spoonfuls of miso (to your liking). Continue stirring, cook until slightly browned.
Prefer someone DI for you? Head to Sra. Martinez, 4000 Northeast Second Avenue, Design District (305-573-5474 or chefmichellebernstein.com).
Photo: Courtesy of South Moon Photography