In the throes of Christmas, Miami’s sunny weather can be a downer. But just because we don’t drink hot toddies by the fireplace doesn’t mean we can’t embrace yuletide booze.
The Cranberry Garland
2-3 sticks cinnamon
1 c. water
1 c. brown sugar
10-15 fresh cranberries
2 oz. Plymouth gin
½ oz. Yellow Chartreuse
1. Crush cinnamon in a pot and lightly cook until toasted. Add water and let simmer.
2. Add a cup of brown sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves. Strain through a tea strainer.
3. Muddle cranberries in a pint glass.
4. Add gin, Chartreuse, and ice to cinnamon syrup. Shake vigorously.
5. Double strain into a flute glass.
6. Top with champagne and garnish with a cranberry.
7. Drink until merry.
Photo: Bryn Tattan