Your expectations are, um, huge. We asked expert planner and Bravo star Shawn Rabideau for tips on pulling off the perfect day. Boy, did he deliver.
1. Proofread the invitation like you’ve never seen it before. A client once printed a phone number for her hotel that was actually the number to a porn site. Her auntie was mighty upset.
2. Take your official wedding undergarments and shoes to your first dress fitting. You don’t want to be surprised by visible panty line the day of.
3. You love your shoes, but they might not love you back. Break them in while you vacuum or dust. Just don’t mow the lawn in them.
4. Want Botox or another kind of facial treatment? Do it four to six weeks before the wedding. Looking surprised all day: You already did that at the engagement.
5. You might think that a spray tan is a great idea. Don’t do it. Or do and look like the 25th Annual Pumpkin Queen. Your choice.
6. Don’t let them see your groom sweat. Have him purchase or rent two (or more) identical tux shirts. If he gets clammy/soaked he can change.
7. Hotels were invented to prevent in-laws from staying with you on the wedding weekend. If they’re not willing to pay, include it in your budget. Nothing is less romantic than running into his pops in his BVDs at 2 a.m.
8. Don’t wash your hair! Sounds gross, but your hair’s natural oils will help your stylist. Plus, it will hold longer.
9. It’s imperative to assign seats for the rehearsal dinner (unless you’re doing cocktails). Leaving guests to decide where to sit always creates problems, fights, and hurt feelings.
10. Drink plenty of water and don’t forget to eat on your wedding day.
For more information, go to shawnrabideau.com.
Photo: Courtesy of Touchstone Pictures
Up to 75% off MLH