The Trenchermen, Bucktown’s anticipated new restaurant from Matt Eisler, designer Kevin Heisner, and acclaimed chefs (and brothers) Mike and Patrick Sheerin (Blackbird and the Signature Room, respectively), is almost open.
To tide you over, beverage director Tona Palomino (New York’s WD-50) created a citrusy concoction that’s bound to pack a punch at your party. Cheers!
Tona Palomino’s Bourbon Bimbo
2½ oz. lemon-infused bourbon (recipe below)
¾ oz. Domaine de Canton
½ oz. lemon juice
1. Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker and cover with ice.
2. Shake gently for 5-8 seconds. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon wheel.
1 l bourbon
1. Slice lemons into wheels and place them in a large glass or metal container.
2. Pour bourbon over lemons and cover with plastic wrap.
3. Steep 6 hours, strain, and reserve some wheels for garnish.
Look for the Trencherman opening in 2012, 2039 West North Avenue, between Damen and Hoyne Avenues.
Photo: Purestock / Getty Images
|You can please all the people all the time. Check out our party picks for big crowds.|