In the middle of Fashion Week, our dearest wish is to jet off to someplace tropical. Luckily, designer Mara Hoffman’s Hawaiian-themed show gave us a few vacation wardrobe tips in case we actually book that plane ticket.
1. Pack at least five swimsuits in neon kaleidoscope prints — to wear alone or to pair with chiffon maxi skirts, board shorts, and blazers.
2. Even islands get chilly at night. Cover arms with a khaki military jacket or an emblem sweater.
3. Accessories should include (but are not limited to) round sunglasses, rope belts, and palm fronds in the hair and tied around wrists.
4. Evening dresses are more alluring with cutouts, and they let in the breeze.
5. A kitschy tee is the best souvenir. Bonus points if it says, “Aloha.”
Photos: Frazer Harrison / Getty Images