The Hot Cakes queen has done it again. Best known for molten cakes in jars, Autumn Martin shakes up the dessert table with a boozy milk shake.
Make a batch of the mouthwatering, bourbon-infused cocktail for your guests. They’ll be thankful.
Smoked Chocolate and Bourbon Shake
Makes four six-ounce glasses
½ c. cream
½ c. smoked chocolate chips (available at Hot Cakes)
½ c. bourbon
8 scoops chocolate ice cream (Martin loves Bluebird’s)
1. In a small saucepot, bring the cream to a boil.
2. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips until completely melted and the ganache is smooth.
3. Cool in the fridge about 3 hours.
4. Blend ganache, bourbon, and ice cream until just combined.
5. Pour into glasses and serve.
To have your shake without whipping it up, head to Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery, 5427 Ballard Avenue Northwest (206-420-3431 or getyourhotcakes.com).
Photo: Courtesy of Hot Cakes