Feeling very Eloise-inspired, to Paris we went.
Here’s what we came back with:
1. Faux-fur soft-boiled-egg cover from Bon, Philippe Starck’s much-hyped and subsequently slammed (by Patricia Wells in The International Herald Tribune) new restaurant in the 16th arrondissement. (We couldn’t get a reservation at Spoon).
2. A snapshot of Oscar, the dog at Colette, the chic Paris shop where photographs are absolutement verboten (Nah, nah…).
3. We are also particular fans of the finger skateboards for those extra-busy days at the office.
4. A very large bill from agnes b., which over there is no longer just a store, but an entire arrondissement dotted with agnes b. femme, agnes b. voyage, agnes b. lolita, agnes b. homme…
5. A hankering for a silver Vespa just like the one all the gamines drive around Paris on.
6. An empty box that once held a candle from Hotel Costes because, as the ever-so-kind concierge explained, they are made by a very particular gentilhomme who delivers them “quand il veut” (translation: “when he feels like it”).
7. The sickest stash of Cote d’Or chocolate.
8. Snapshots of the SmartCar.
9. A business card from L’Ami Louis, the place to bump into the well-heeled tourists and expats. (Think: Anyone who eats at the Palm.) Unfortunately, we missed The Clinton Visit. Drat.
10. A serious case of vertigo from a dinner at Georges, the new restaurant atop the Centre Pompidou (our advice?skip it).
11. A wicked hangover (trop de kirs, mon dieu).