Explore Undiscovered Food, Fashion & Fun.
If you, like us, spend a good portion of the day dreaming about lunch at San Francisco’s Gracias Madre, you can now do something about it at breakfast: Pour horchata into your favorite coffee drink (the Cafe Gratitude folks add it to lattes and cappuccinos).
Makes eight cups
1. In a blender or coffee grinder, coarsely grind the rice.
2. In a bowl or any large container, add the rice, milk, agave, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.
3. Whisk all the ingredients well, making sure cinnamon and agave are evenly distributed.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
5. Strain before serving, leaving rice behind.
6. Serve cold.