Steamy, erotic, French — it’s no wonder Tommy Up of PYT fame found inspiration (and a name) for his recently opened cocktail lounge from the soft-core film Emmanuelle. But with all the hard-core holiday shopping, you can’t be blamed for not checking it out yet.
Unwind from the mayhem with a first-class concoction from Katie Loeb, author of Shake, Stir, Pour and Emmanuelle’s resident mixologist.
½ oz. honey
½ oz. hot water
1½ oz. Don Q Añejo rum
¾ oz. lime juice
1 oz. brut champagne
1 mint leaf
1. To create a syrup, stir honey and hot water together until uniform and allow to cool.
2. Shake rum, lime juice, honey syrup, and ice until well chilled.
3. Strain into coupe glass and top with champagne.
4. Gently add a few drops of Angostura to the surface.
5. Spank mint leaf, drag it through bitters to make a design, and then lay the leaf on the surface of the drink.
Photo: Alexandra Grablewski / Getty Images