Got time to kill? Here’s how to make a snazzy headband for party time.
1. Get an old shoelace. No, we’re kidding!
2. Start by measuring your dome.
3. Take a half-inch-wide strip of fabric, suede, or leather and measure that length minus four inches and cut.
4. Cut three inches of half-inch-wide elastic and sew to the ends of the fabric so it forms a circle. (The elastic must be shorter so the headband isn’t too big.)
5. Sew or hot glue beads, feathers, or baubles to the nonelastic part of the headband. (We like them in a cluster above the temple.)
6. Put on head.
7. Be fantastic.
Materials available at Kincus Fabrics, 754 South Fourth Street (215-923-8836 or kincusfabrics.com) or any arts and crafts supply store.