Tip the foodie scales with this surprisingly easy (but totally impressive) recipe for striped bass with summer squash and grape salsa from Ruschmeyer’s in Montauk, New York. A note from the kitchen: As long as it’s bass season, any variety will do — from striped to black — or even a nice branzino.
Wild Striped Bass with Summer Squash and Grape Salsa
2 summer squash
½ lemon, juiced
1 wild striped bass
1. In a bowl, thinly slice or shave zucchini and squash; add lemon juice, 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Drizzle olive oil into a hot skillet. Place fish skin down; reduce heat; brown and crisp the skin; flip and finish cooking.
3. To serve, pile squash salad on a plate and top with fish.
Makes two cups
2 c. seedless red grapes, washed and quartered
1 med. jalapeno, diced (remove seeds for less heat)
2 limes, zested and juiced
1 sm. red onion, finely diced
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1/3 c. olive oil
1. In a big bowl, mix all ingredients.
2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Ruschmeyer’s, 161 Second House Road, Montauk (631-668-2877 or visitruschmeyers.com).
|It’s Party Time on the high seas. Prepare yourself the captain of all summer cocktails, a killer fish taco, and everything else you need to cast away.|