Whether you’re drinking your way through Napa or gunning for good pizza, take a pit stop at Redd Wood, opening tomorrow. Some directions:
1. Make your way north to Yountville.
2. Check in at Hotel Luca. Detour to heralded chef Richard Reddington’s (Redd) pizzeria.
3. Note the handsome interior (cocoa-colored wood walls, tufted leather banquettes, and a front-and-center wine table) with touches of irreverence (hand-written quotes from interior designer Erin Martin’s personal musings).
4. Pull into the glass-enclosed bar for well-priced local and Italian wines, classic cocktails, and homemade pastas (pumpkin tortellini, rabbit pappardelle, lamb Bolognese).
5. Park in the private dining room or attached patio to fuel up on Mediterranean apps (fried salt cod with chickpeas, pork skin sausage and lentils) and wood-fired pizzas (cheeseless oregano, garlic, and chili; prosciutto, arugula, and Parmesan; or anchovy, olive, and pecorino) from the daily changing menu.
6. Haul ass back for the breakfast menu come spring.
Redd Wood, 6755 Washington Street, Yountville (707-299-5030 or redd-wood.com).
Photo: Courtesy of Redd Wood