Fashion Affirmation Exercise
1. Repeat out loud: “I am willing to step outside of my comfort zone and take sartorial risks.”
2. Focus on a small, attention-grabbing object. We suggest one of eight necklaces from Hannah Jewett’s debut collection, Maschari. The recent California College of the Arts grad combines custom-designed, laser-cut acrylic pieces with chains, suede, and fabric cores to create her avant-garde accessories.
3. Channel quirky-cool inspiration from sources both futuristic (The Fifth Element) and fun (Nickelodeon’s green slime).
4. Close your eyes and visualize elevating everyday essentials (plain white tee, understated sack dress) by adding a translucent half moon with spray-paint detailing.
5. Exhale. Practice (wearing) makes perfect.
Photo: Courtesy of Maschari