Your definition of reflection: refreshing your Instagram feed.
Ease into om with a simple ten- to twenty-minute morning meditation from Spirit Rock founder and rock star spiritual guru Jack Kornfield.
1. Find a quiet spot and sit comfortably on a cushion or chair.
2. Let your hands rest easy. Close your eyes and bring awareness to your body, relaxing any obvious areas of tension.
3. Take a few deep breaths and feel how the breath moves — in the rise and fall of your chest or belly, or the air passing in and out through your nose. Breathe naturally.
4. If you start to notice your attention wandering, gently acknowledge that you are “thinking” and return your attention to the breath.
5. Make an effort to replace judgmental thoughts with feelings of gratitude. The more aware you are, the more you’ll learn to fully live in the present.
6. Tune into your feelings throughout the day. If you’re tense, try to relax your body and ground your feet.
Breathing easier already.
For more information, go to spiritrock.org.
Photo: Victor Rayes / Getty Images