Recipe for a Killer Restaurant
1 part quirky name (Starbelly)
1 part impressive pedigree (Edmondo Sarti with Beretta’s Deborah Blum and Adriano Paganini)
1 chef Adam Timney
Handful of beer and wine cocktails from superstar bar manager Lane Ford
Dash of prime Castro location
1. Fire up thin-crust pizzas with toppings like guanciale, elephant garlic, thyme, and fresh ricotta.
2. Make mouthwatering rotisserie fare, such as a half roasted chicken with blistered blue lake beans and potatoes.
3. Toss in playful, inspired starters like mini corn dogs and popcorn clams.
4. Combine ecodesign with raw-wood details, mod lights made from salvaged cardboard, and a natural green-and-tangerine palette.
5. Donate all proceeds from the sale of every Maitri Michelada (beer, lime, salt, and spice) to Maitri AIDS Hospice during opening week.
6. Open Tuesday.
7. Serve immediately.
Starbelly, 3583 16th Street, at Market Street (415-252-7500 or starbellysf.com). During opening week (August 18-22), mention DailyCandy to your server and receive a taste of chef Adam Timney’s house-cured salumi.